October 3, 2023 – Featherlite Trailers, a horse trailer industry leader celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2023, is excited to announce its biggest transformation to its horse trailer product lineup in recent history.
Featherlite’s new horse trailer lineup includes six new bumper pull, gooseneck and living quarters models. In addition, they’ve revamped the specifications on the new models to include an expanded number of standard features, many of which were previously optional. A completely revamped collection of interior décor packages are also part of the company’s new product launch.
“We’ve spent the past two years researching and listening to feedback from our dealers and customers to engineer and build our new lineup of Featherlite horse trailers,” Justin Queensland, President of Featherlite Trailers, said. “We took great care in making sure that we’re offering a streamlined selection of trailers and floorplans that are most popular with our customers. In addition, we added a number of our popular options as standard features in these new models. Best thing to us is we’re doing this without increasing our prices, giving horse owners extra value when they buy a new 2024 Featherlite horse trailer.”
In addition to new standard features, Featherlite’s exterior design has been updated and now features Featherlite’s rivetless side sheet design. “We think horse owners will appreciate the enhanced design of our horse trailers that gives the trailer a sleeker and smoother looking exterior,” Queensland said.
Featherlite’s six new horse trailers include:
- Model 9300 bumper pull straight load
- Model 9400 bumper pull slant load
- Model 9500 gooseneck straight load
- Model 9600 gooseneck slant load
- Model 9807 living quarters with LQ floorplans of 8’ and 10’
- Model 9808 living quarters with LQ floorplans of 11’, 13’, 15’ and 17’
The new standard features on 2024 Featherlite horse trailers, among others, include:
- All unload doors, drop down feed doors and camper doors are now square cornered.
- Featherlite’s aluminum bottom ‘wave’ side panels are now standard on all horse trailers.
- A rear load light is standard on all new horse trailers. Select models include additional load lights, including above side ramps.
- Extra tie rings are standard. All horse trailers come with one exterior tie ring per horse per side.
- Air Flo dividers that provide more airflow through the horse area are now standard.
- A matching spare tire and rim are standard.
- Interior LED lights are now brighter and larger.
- Aluminum halter hooks are standard.
- Rear tacks, on applicable models, have been enhanced with turf and white lining.
Newly designed interior décor packages are also now available in Featherlite’s new living quarters models. The options include the Glacier Ash and Urban Saddle décor packages, with a third option to be released soon. “The design of our new interiors has been vastly improved with a more modern design and, again, more features standard for horse owners,” Queensland said.
New interior standards include solid surface countertops, full height backsplash in the kitchen and restroom, new modern jackknife sofa with cupholders, larger microwave, thicker foam mattress and a deeper, extra large undermount sink in the kitchen, among other features and décor touches.
“We’ve had a great year so far in 2023, celebrating our 50th Anniversary,” Queensland said. “It’s been exciting to reflect back on 50 years of history and to see how our products have evolved over the years. And now, it’s exciting to look ahead to our future with the launch of this whole new lineup of horse trailers. We look forward to our customers seeing these new horse trailers at their local Featherlite dealer very soon.”
The new 9000 Series models were officially launched and are on display at this month’s All American Quarter Horse Congress in Columbus, Ohio. The new trailers have also started to ship to dealers across the country.
For more information on Featherlite’s 9000 Series trailers, visit www.fthr.com or contact a local Featherlite dealer.