Featherlite Trailers has been an industry leader in producing top quality trailers for livestock, utility and commercial applications for nearly 50 years! Our talented workforce has produced hand-crafted specialty trailers for the US Navy, IBM, NASCAR and IndyCar Series.
We are in search of Interiors Assemblers for our Cresco, IA production campus. Ideal candidates possess fit and finish skills, carpentry and/or construction experience. They will need to be able to operate hand and power tools, measure and read drawings and blueprints. Safety and teamwork is also essential. Interior Assembler positions are full-time and work 1st shift schedules.
- Measure, cut and install turf and rubber.
- Install in trailer (pre-created) components.
- Positions and assembles parts according to special instructions, routings and blueprints.
- Measures parts to specified tolerances.
- Inspects all parts for cleanliness and flaws. If flaws exist, completes a nonconforming material report.
- Using air, power and hand tools to drill pre-established holes in aluminum and steel or attaching aluminum and steel components parts and sub-assemblies together per written or oral instructions.
- Operates hand tools to fasten plywood to side walls.
- Operates hand tools to install pre-manufactured cabinets.
- Utilizing riveter, chop saw and battery powered drills to attach aluminum and wood trim in and outside of finished product.
- Utilizing riveter, chop saw and battery powered drills to attach walls, cabinet lining and flooring to finished product.
- Installing doors.
- Keeps assembly department clean and free of foreign object damage.
- Keeps production supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems and progress as related to work assignments.
- Maintains a satisfactory high level of performance while following appropriate procedures and observing all pertinent safety rules and requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to read, write, understand instructions, procedures, drawings, and blue prints
- Accurately read a tape measure
- Operate basic hand tools
- Full benefits program
- Competitive starting wage $14.50 to $18.00/hour
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time
- Bonus program
- Advancement opportunities
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 380
Cresco, IA 52136
You may also apply at our Cresco facility at 816 7th St. West between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:30 pm.
Featherlite Trailer Manufacturing, LLC requires a pre-employment drug and background screen. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; we strongly encourage Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.