Manages full lifecycle recruiting to include sourcing, screening, and interviewing, and managing the internal relationships with hiring manager, as well as external recruiting sources. Assist in writing HR policies and policy administration.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates local staffing strategies to achieve desired levels, including recruiting, hiring and onboarding activities.
- Meets with managers to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and required skills.
- Establishes and cultivates effective internal partnerships in providing support, guidance and mentoring in all phases of HR, coordinating as necessary with off-site HR team members.
- Administers a variety of local HR functions including performance management, employee relations, staffing, HRIS, employee events, exit interviews, and policy/program implementation.
- Leverages HR knowledge, balanced with a continuous improvement mentality, to improve existing practices towards establishing a proactive HR presence.
- Helps to monitor the organization’s culture towards supporting the attainment of the Company’s goals while promoting employee satisfaction.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting requirements and regulations affecting human resources and proactively ensure business practices comply.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Protects the interests of employees and the organization in accordance with Company policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Supports employees at all levels to settle work-related conflicts through consultation, advice and recommendations.
- Participates in departmental meetings and attends other meetings as requested and proactively participates in policy recommendations and implementation.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Additional Duties as Assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Required Associate degree in Human Resources with 1 year of experience is required.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Employee Relations with 3-5 years of directly related experience is required.
- Effective oral and written communication with developed interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in a professional and respectful manner.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize work with excellent organizational skills.
- Team player who takes initiative to make improvements and accomplish work before being asked and collaborates well in a team environment.
- Understanding of recruiting principles and best practices, preferably in the manufacturing environment
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and HRIS systems.
- Health Insurance (3 plan options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
- Medical Flex Spending Account
- Employer Paid Base Life Plan with option to purchase more
- Employer Paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Personal Time
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Program
You may send your resume via email to email@example.com or mail to Featherlite, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
Featherlite Trailer Manufacturing, LLC requires a pre-employment drug and background screen. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; we strongly encourage Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.