The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department. Manage full lifecycle recruiting to include sourcing, screening, and interviewing, and managing the internal relationships with hiring managers.
- Provide administrative support to the HR department.
- Answer questions or concerns from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintain integrity and confidentiality when handling Human Resources files and records.
- Develop recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing levels.
- Manage hiring process by coordinating job posting on web site, reviewing resumes, performing telephone interviews and reference checks
- Meet with managers to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and required skills.
- Develop and implement effective, leading edge sourcing strategies.
- Leverage a range of sources, relevant to the job, such as universities, job boards, LinkedIn Recruiter, Google search, and other social media
- Identify key diversity sourcing tools to ensure we are attracting a diverse pool of talent.
- “Promote from within” policy should be involved in the posting program. Under this program openings at all levels are posted and employees can apply for any position for which they feel qualified.
- Act as liaison with area employment agencies, prepare and liaison with advertising agencies.
- Oversee employee referral program.
- Schedules and attends job/career fairs with appropriate staff as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Corresponds with job applicants to notify them of opportunities.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with placement offices of colleges and universities as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Administer and manage company/employee events.
- Administer monthly Service Award program.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Participates in departmental meetings and attends other meetings as requested.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Associate degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years related experience.
- Effective oral and written communication with developed interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize work with excellent organizational skills.
- Understanding of recruiting principles, preferably in the manufacturing environment.
- Ability to build relationships, recruit candidates and make selection decisions.
- Team player who takes initiative to make improvements and accomplish work before being asked and collaborates well in a team environment. Understanding of HR principles and best practices, preferably in the manufacturing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively will all levels of the organization.
- Strong PC skills; proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Health Insurance (3 Plan Options)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Flex Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Paid Life Insurance with Option to Purchase More
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Generous Paid Time-Off Program
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Holiday Time
- Flexible Work Arrangements May Be Available When Possible Depending on Nature of the Position
- Leave Benefits Across All Life Stages
- Paid Short Term & Long Term Disability Time
- Bereavement Leave
- Fitness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
You may send your resume via email to email@example.com or mail to Featherlite, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
Featherlite is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.