The electrical technician conducts, maintains, tests and repairs electrical/electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic systems and components. The position applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. The electrical technician provides skilled mechanical and electrical/electronic support to all areas of manufacturing.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Perform all types of wiring and electrical troubleshooting, sometimes working from schematics and/or wiring diagrams, but other times working from verbal instructions or relying on personal skills.
- AV installation, High voltage Installation, Power supply installation, Simple design based on predetermined prints.
- Maintain a satisfactory high level of performance while following appropriate procedures and observing all pertinent safety rules and requirements.
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field
- Three to five years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields
- Ability to read and understand schematics, blueprints, drawings and written specifications
- Technical knowledge of AC and DC
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Health Insurance (3 plan options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
- Medical Flex Spending Account
- Employer Paid Base Life Plan with option to purchase more
- Employer Paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Personal Time
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Program
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 380
Cresco, IA 52136
You may also apply at our Cresco facility at 816 7th St. West between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:30 pm.
Featherlite Trailer Manufacturing, LLC requires a pre-employment drug and background screen. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; we strongly encourage Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.