This position is responsible for providing executive organization-wide leadership, direction, support, and guidance on all issues relating to Human Resources. This position is a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Assist the Senior Management Team in developing, implementing, and revising organizational policies and procedures relating to: recruitment and selection, organizational development, compensation (including benefits), employee relations and risk management.
- Provide consultation on the policies and procedures relating to the delivery of program services.
- Implement strategic initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to annual Operations Plan.
- Act as advisor on human resources issues to all levels of employees.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and development opportunities to direct reports.
- Implements continuous improvement programs using problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Works independently, efficiently manages time, and uses experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Employ effective, respectful and persuasive spoken and written communication skills.
- Ensure compliance with work instructions and/or Quality Management System (QMS) procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all current organizational policies.
- Ensure effective employee relations.
- Ensure effective staffing, wage, development and performance decisions.
- Maintain highest levels of ethics and confidentiality.
- Maintain a safe work environment for yourself and others including wearing mandatory Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Functions effectively in a fast paced, diverse, team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related fields or equivalent experience.
- Ten or more years related experience.
- Ability to operate basic computer equipment and peripherals as well as company standard software.
- Able to effectively perform all basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.)
- Ability to effectively read and interpret industry specific documentation.
- Experience working with people with diverse disabilities.
- Advanced knowledge of employment laws.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Satisfactory completion of DHS Net Study.
- Satisfactory completion of a drug screening test.
- Satisfactory completion of a Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Verified eligibility for employment in the United States.
- Health Insurance (3 Plan Options)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Flex Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Paid Life Insurance with Option to Purchase More
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Generous Paid Time-Off Program
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Holiday Time
- Flexible Work Arrangements May Be Available When Possible Depending on Nature of the Position
- Leave Benefits Across All Life Stages
- Paid Short Term & Long Term Disability Time
- Bereavement Leave
- Fitness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
You may send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Featherlite, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
Featherlite is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.