The Design Drafter uses CAD and other software to provide support to Customers, Sales, Production, and Engineering staff by preparing custom and standard layouts, sketches & diagrams, and assembly/detail drawings to support the manufacturing of the highest quality aluminum trailers in the industry. Position is also responsible for maintaining and updating information regarding changes to standard and custom BOM database. Position has the autonomy to make routine decisions but can refer questions/problems to Manager or Engineering senior staff.
- Expertly uses AutoCAD and Inventor programs to develop designs according to customer demands and in keeping our high-quality standards.
- Diligently researches and works with purchasing personnel to source specialty items for custom trailer builds.
- Makes final drawing of proposed design, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Assists and supports engineering team with new product development by drafting and drawing prototype trailer models and assemblies.
- Communicates with customer and/or salesperson about design possibilities.
- Assures customer satisfaction in ways that are consistent with the position.
- Works with customer/salesperson/vendor to finalize the designs and working drawings of awnings.
- Assists with ECO changes required to standard drawings.
- Enhances production scheduling stream by creating sales quote drawings as needed.
- Assists with updating production packets during build and sales quote drawings after the trailer has been manufactured.
- Trailer documentation routing duties as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- AA degree in Design Drafting or closely related program highly desired but will consider directly relatable work experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience with a proven record of successfully creating CAD assembly drawings preferred but will consider degreed individual in lieu of work experience.
- High skill level in AutoCAD and Inventor programs.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to learn new graphic software to compliment the presentation of new designs.
- Health Insurance (3 Plan Options)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Flex Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Paid Life Insurance with Option to Purchase More
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Generous Paid Time-Off Program
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Holiday Time
- Flexible Work Arrangements May Be Available When Possible Depending on Nature of the Position
- Leave Benefits Across All Life Stages
- Paid Short Term & Long Term Disability Time
- Bereavement Leave
- Fitness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
You may send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Featherlite, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
Featherlite is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.