NOW HIRING! Welders & Welder Trainees
Looking for a new, exciting career? Come join the Featherlite team! You’ll get to experience working in a clean, well-lit facility where you will enjoy new experiences every day working on a wide variety of projects! Featherlite has designed and built top-quality trailers for livestock, utility and commercial applications for over 45 years. We’ve hand-crafted specialty trailers for the US Navy, IBM, NASCAR, and Indy Car Series!
Lay out, fit, fabricate, and wire feed (MIG) weld standard aluminum or steel components to assemble structural forms.
- MIG and Plus welding no greater distances than 12 inches
- Weld straight to minimal curving
- Verifies welding results by inspecting and testing welds.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, diagrams, and schematics and is able to work from sketches or verbal instructions.
- Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Performs sanitary welding and fitting of parts.
- Maintains safe work environment by following procedures
- Learns and supports lean manufacturing concepts and methods including cell setup, mapping and value streaming for efficient product flow.
- Make adjustments, within procedural limits, to fine tune the process in order to achieve product conformance.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge and ability levels to efficiently perform all assigned work and utilize this knowledge base to become proficient on new/unfamiliar assignments.
- Maintain a satisfactory high level of performance while following appropriate procedures and observing all pertinent safety rules and requirements.
- Maintain a high level of welding quality as documented by actual reject/nonconformance charting.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to read, write and understand instructions, procedures, drawings and blueprints
- Able to accurately read a tape measure
- Operate basic hand tools
- 1st shift position
- Competitive starting wage
- Full benefits program
- Paid holidays, vacation and personal time
- Bonus program
- Advancement opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.75 to $18.00/hour
Please complete this employment application and email to email@example.com or mail to the address listed below to apply for an open position.
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 380
Cresco, IA 52136
You may also apply at our Cresco facility at 816 7th St. West between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:30 pm.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to Jobs