Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain & Engineering, the Supply Chain Manager is a key position responsible for the management of all activities associated with the Supply Chain leadership role across the Horse and Livestock Group (HLG) division. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating closely with the manufacturing department to managing the material supply chain for maximization of resources (human and automated) to achieve customer satisfaction, production efficiencies, and production schedule adherence.
- Oversees and develops all activities related to on-time delivery of materials/parts, including facilitating status updates with production and sales as needed.
- Provides leadership to business unit supply chain group, establishing goals and development plans for the department and personnel.
- Professionally represents the supply chain function in business meetings and business presentations.
- Continuously communicates forecast/demand information to supplier base, ensuring capacity is secured and parts availability.
- Develops and fosters relationships with suppliers to help ensure continuous on-time delivery of parts and materials.
- Manages inventory levels in line with business objectives, ensuring net dollar and absolute piece accuracy.
- Supports new product development initiatives from prototype to full production.
- Works closely with HLG purchasing to identify and implement strategic sourcing and purchasing initiatives.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports as needed.
- Drives innovation and a focus on continuous improvement within the supply chain organization.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures and ethics code ensuring that they are implemented throughout the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Green/black belt in Lean/Six Sigma desired
- Applicants must have demonstrable experience in a manufacturing environment and a strong working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Knowledge and experience implementing long term agreements and sub-contract agreements.
- Proven strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships.
- Understanding of government regulations that impact the strategic and tactical operations of the purchasing/supplier management organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive manufacturing operations and procurement experience with at least 3 years Supply Chain leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver supply chain performance through project management and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability as an effective leader, with the demonstrated ability to foster cross-functional influence and collaboration.
- Lean ideology, manifesting as a strong drive for continuous improvement.
- Developed business acumen with a solid understanding of finance.
You may apply online by completing this online application, informational survey and self-identification form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for an open position. Or send your resume via email to email@example.com or mail to Featherlite, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
Reap the Rewards
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Flex Spending/125 Plan for Medical and Child Care Reimbursement
401(k) Retirement Plan
Health Club Discount
Featherlite requires a pre-employment drug and background screen. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: we strongly encourage Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disability and Veterans to apply.