Reporting to the Sr. HR Manager, this role manages a broad range of human resource functions while serving as an on-site specialist. The Human Resource Generalist provides day-to-day support and guidance to cross-functional site team members while coordinating the implementation of best practices within the HR team. Serves as the local HR champion in administering and advancing the site HR function while acting as a resource to site members on policy interpretation and implementation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates local staffing strategies to achieve desired levels, including payroll, recruiting, hiring and onboarding activities.
- Meets with managers to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and required skills.
- Establishes and cultivates effective internal partnerships in providing support, guidance and mentoring in all phases of HR, coordinating as necessary with off-site HR team members.
- Administers a variety of local HR functions including performance management, employee relations, staffing, HRIS, employee events, exit interviews, and policy/program implementation.
- Leverages HR knowledge, balanced with a continuous improvement mentality, to improve existing practices towards establishing a proactive HR presence.
- Helps to monitor the organization's culture towards supporting the attainment of the Company's goals while promoting employee satisfaction.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting requirements and regulations affecting human resources and proactively ensure business practices comply.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Protects the interests of employees and the organization in accordance with Company policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Supports employees at all levels to settle work-related conflicts through consultation, advice and recommendations.
- Participates in departmental meetings and attends other meetings as requested and proactively participates in policy recommendations and implementation.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources with 3-5 years of directly related experience is required.
- Effective oral and written communication with developed interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in a professional and respectful manner.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize work with excellent organizational skills.
- Team player who takes initiative to make improvements and accomplish work before being asked and collaborates well in a team environment.
- Understanding of recruiting principles and best practices, preferably in the manufacturing environment.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and HRIS systems.
Reap the Rewards
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Flex Spending/125 Plan for Medical and Child Care Reimbursement
401(k) Retirement Plan
Health Club Discount
You may apply online by completing this online application, informational survey and self-identification form and email to email@example.com to apply for an open position. Or send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Featherlite, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
Featherlite requires pre-employment background and drug screen. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, strongly encouraging minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.