The Design Drafter uses CAD and other software to provide support to Customers, Sales, Production, and Engineering staff by preparing custom and standard layouts, sketches & diagrams, and assembly/detail drawings to support the manufacturing of the highest quality aluminum trailers in the industry. Position is also responsible for maintaining and updating information regarding changes to standard and custom BOM database. Position has the autonomy to make routine decisions but can refer questions/problems to Manager or Engineering senior staff. This job is located in Cresco, Iowa.
- Expertly uses AutoCAD and Inventor programs to develop designs according to customer demands and in keeping our high quality standards.
- Diligently researches and works with purchasing personnel to source specialty items for custom trailer builds.
- Make final drawing of proposed design, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Assists and supports engineering team with new product development by utilizing drafting skills to draft and draw prototype trailer models and assemblies.
- Communicates with customer and/or salesperson about design possibilities.
- After quote is finalized, receive written trailer specifications and verify to sales prints.
- Releases drawing packets for production review and release.
- Assures customer satisfaction in ways that are consistent with the position.
- Works with customer/salesperson/vendor to finalize the designs and working drawings of awnings.
- Creates awning set up drawing for customer use.
- Assists with ECO changes required to standard drawings.
- Enhances production scheduling stream by creating sales quote drawings as needed.
- Assists with updating sales quote drawings after the trailer has been manufactured.
- Updates standard drawings for production packets as required.
- Trailer documentation routing duties as required.
- AA degree in Design Drafting or closely related program highly desired but will consider directly relatable work experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience with a proven record of successfully creating CAD assembly drawings preferred but will consider degreed individual in lieu of work experience.
- High skill level in AutoCAD and Inventor programs.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to learn new graphic software to compliment the presentation of new designs.
Reap the Rewards
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Flex Spending/125 Plan for Medical and Child Care Reimbursement
401(k) Retirement Plan
Health Club Discount
You may apply online by completing this online application, informational survey and self-identification form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for an open position. Or send your resume via email to email@example.com or mail to Featherlite, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
Featherlite requires pre-employment background and drug screen. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, strongly encouraging minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.