Utilizes AutoCAD and other software to provide support for projects, Production, and Engineering staff by preparing custom and standard layouts, sketches & diagrams, assembly drawings, and detailed drawings. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacture. Maintain information regarding changes to standard and custom BOM database. Research and work with purchasing personnel to source specialty items. Makes basic decisions but can refer questions/problems to Design Drafting Supervisor or Engineering senior staff.
- Use AutoCAD and Inventor to develop designs according to customer demands and in keeping our high-quality standards.
- Work with iLogic assembly models
- Make final drawing of proposed design, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Communicate with customer and/or salesperson about design possibilities.
- After quote is finalized, receive written trailer specifications and verify to sales prints.
- Produce drawings for production packets.
- Release drawing packets for production review and release
- Assure customer satisfaction in ways that are consistent with the position.
- Work with customer/salesperson/vendor to finalize the designs and working drawings of awnings.
- Create awning set up drawing for customer use.
- Assist with ECO changes required to standard drawings.
- Create sales quote drawings as needed.
- Assist with updating sales quote drawings after the trailer has been produced.
- Update standard drawings for production packets as required.
- Trailer documentation routing duties as required.
- Assist with model development
- Setup models for FEA
- AA degree in Design Drafting or closely related program highly desired but will consider directly relatable work experience in lieu of degree.
- 2-4 years of related work experience with a proven record of successfully creating AutoCAD assembly drawings.
- High skill level in AutoCAD and Inventor software.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Health Insurance (3 plan options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
- Medical Flex Spending Account
- Employer Paid Base Life Plan with option to purchase more
- Employer Paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Personal Time
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Program
You may send your resume via email to email@example.com or mail to Featherlite, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to Jobs