Looking for a new, exciting career? Come join the Featherlite team! You’ll get to experience working in a clean, well-lit facility where you will enjoy new experiences every day working on a wide variety of projects! Featherlite has designed and built top-quality trailers for livestock, utility and commercial applications for over 40 years. We’ve hand-crafted specialty trailers for the US Navy, IBM, NASCAR, and Indy Car Series!
Perform line assembly operations involving the production and/or installation of trailer component parts and sub-assemblies
- Using air, power and hand tools to drill pre-established holes in aluminum and steel or attaching aluminum and steel component parts and sub-assemblies together per written or oral instructions
- Positions and assembles parts according to special instructions, routings and blueprints.
- Measures parts to specified tolerances.
- Deburrs, grinds and buffs parts.
- Inspects all parts for cleanliness and flaws. If flaws exist, completes a nonconforming material report.
- Uses chemicals, adhesives, solvents, lubricants, epoxies, paints and inks, as required
- Hucking aluminum and steel
- Caulking trailers
- Attaching decals or other graphics on finished product
- Installing doors
- Installing tires
- Keeps assembly department clean and free of foreign objects, follow 5’s housekeeping guidelines
- Keeps production supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems and progress as related to work assignments
- Maintain a satisfactory high level of performance while following appropriate procedures and observing all pertinent safety rules and requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Able to accurately read a tape measure
- Operate basic hand tools
- Ability to read, write and understand instructions, procedures, drawings and blueprints
- Full benefits program
- Competitive starting wages
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time
- Bonus program
- Advancement opportunities
Please complete this employment application and email to email@example.com or mail to the address listed below to apply for an open position.
Human Resources Dept.
P.O. Box 380
Cresco, IA 52136
You may also apply at our Cresco facility at 816 7th St. West between the hours of 7:00 am and 3:30 pm.
Featherlite is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Back to Jobs