The Accounts Payable Specialist is an entry level position that supports our Universal Freight Express (UFE) and Horse and Livestock Group (HLG) by proficiently performing various data entry and tracking functions within the Accounting Department. Specifically, this position collaborates with external vendors and internal departments to efficiently enter, modify, and process invoices for all UFE and HLG Divisions. The following functions are performed to insure the timely and accurate execution of the A/P function.
- Utilizing time and project management skills, performs various data entry functions such as entering, verifying, and processing payable invoices across the UFE and HLG Divisions.
- Reconciles then codes/enters both plant packing slips and Bill of Ladings (BOLs) to invoice receipts, ensuring transactions are accurately and efficiently recorded in accounting systems.
- Collaborates with external vendors and internal departments to ensure accuracy of both invoices and payments, and diligently researches and corrects any discovered discrepancies.
- Maintains the Sales and Use Tax reporting function by verifying reported transactions, recalculating charges when anomalies are discovered.
- Takes ownership of and disseminates/tracks credit memos and return authorizations to appropriate personnel.
- Accurately records and files transactions and documents as required.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- AA in Accounting/Finance (or related field) preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
- Must have Microsoft Office experience, with proficiency in Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills are a must.
Reap the Rewards
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Flex Spending/125 Plan for Medical and Child Care Reimbursement
401(k) Retirement Plan
Health Club Discount
You may apply online by completing this online application, informational survey and self-identification form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for an open position. Or send your resume via email to email@example.com or mail to Featherlite, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
Featherlite requires pre-employment background and drug screen. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, strongly encouraging minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.