CRESCO, Iowa (March 1, 2012) — Featherlite Trailers’ product development team had the word ‘unique’ on their minds when developing the new line up of 2013 Featherlite trailers, which were introduced this week to the Featherlite dealer network as part of the annual 2-day Featherlite Dealer Meeting. When visiting local dealers, trailer buyers will have even more distinct models to select from, as well as enhanced features and options that offer more value, convenience and safety.
Model 2013 Featherlites will be available at Featherlite dealerships beginning in April. Orders for 2013s can be placed at Featherlite dealerships now. In addition to new features and options, 2013 model year Featherlites also now come with a 10-year limited structural warranty.
Unique trailer designs and functions
In addition to livestock trailers that enhance farming operations, Featherlite is excited for its newest offering for farmers – a service/fuel trailer. The Model 1570 is a compact trailer that can be easily transported to fields to fuel and service equipment on site, saving time for farmers. The standard trailer is four feet, 11 inches wide and nine feet, four inches long. It includes a 540 gallon fuel tank with baffles in the tank to reduce fuel movement and a sight gauge. It also includes a gasoline powered transfer pump, 25 foot long retractable hose reel with fuel nozzle, fuel filter, drain plug and enclosed compartment with lockable doors. “We also expect the trailer to be popular with those in the construction industries who will use this trailer on job sites,” Featherlite National Sales Manager Randy Lewis said.
For landscapers, farmers and contractors, Featherlite has developed a new slide-in dump body Model 1659 that easily fits in the back of pickup trucks. Modeled after the trailer version, Model 1520, the dump body can haul anything from gravel to metal scraps to wood chips and more. It’s raised and lowered with a hydraulic lift cylinder and pump and comes with a standard double pivoting removable tailgate.
Designed for lighter hauling by hobby farmers and 4-H families is the new Model 8105, a low profile five foot wide stock trailer. It’s 14 feet long and four feet, six inches tall and includes a standard wood floor, full swing center gate with slam latch, full swing rear gate with lockable slider and escape door.
A pop-up option is now available on Featherlite enclosed car and rec/utility trailers that compresses the trailer vertically. With the trailer lower to the ground, it increases the visibility behind the tow vehicle and makes the trailer easier to tow and more aerodynamic. It also makes indoor storage of the trailer easier. Two options – manual or electric – are available for lowering the trailer, which gives it a height of approximately four or five feet, depending on the option selected.
Options car and race enthusiasts will love
“The custom car and race car markets continue to be an important part of Featherlite’s business,” Lewis said. “So for our 2013 model introduction, we developed new models and options we think car owners will really appreciate and better meet their needs for versatility.”
Among the product developments is a new Model 3109 open car hauler designed especially for dirt track race cars. Based on feedback from race car owners, the all-aluminum car trailer has an open center for easier access to work underneath the car while on the trailer. The trailer includes two 5’ long ramps that store under the trailer. It also features an aluminum treadplate floor, and an optional storage box in the front of the trailer with doors is available.
Three’s not a crowd with Featherlite’s new Model 3150 wedge trailer. The new trailer can haul up to three vehicles and is ideal for use by trailer and car dealerships and other commercial haulers. Available in lengths of 50 and 53 feet, it includes 16 stainless steel swivel D tie downs, skid resistant extruded aluminum floor, 25K coupler and two nine foot long ramps, among other features.
Other new features and options on Featherlite car haulers include:
- New “Flex Foot” ramps are now standard on Model 3110. When using the 3110’s ramps on an uneven surface, a pivoted triangle at the end of the ramps will conform to the ground and make loading and unloading easier.
- A new ‘Quiet Slide” option is available on ramps of open car hauler Model 3110 to reduce rattling and noise while driving down the road.
- For transporting wider vehicles, a drive-over fender option is offered on 24-foot Model 3110. There is also an option for extra width, 82” fender to fender, which equips the trailer with full width side walls that are 18 1/2” tall.
- A new raised platform with beavertail option is available on Model 3110. This configuration will better accommodate larger vehicles and equipment.
- Butcher block countertops and a unique cabinet design are optional in Featherlite’s enclosed car haulers.
Convenience a standard
Last fall, Featherlite consolidated many of its horse and livestock trailers to make ordering and selecting a trailer easier for customers. Other convenient options for 2013 Featherlites now include:
- A new heavy duty spring is standard on horse trailers with slant dividers, which makes using the dividers easier and it strengthens the hold backs.
- An optional multifunction touch screen wireless remote is now available to make operating living quarters more convenient. It controls several functions, when equipped, including power awnings, slideouts, front jacks and the porch light.
- A convenient optional remote control unload light allows trailer owners to easily position the light to help with maneuvering the trailer or unloading at night.
- An optional side ramp kit for Featherlite stock trailer Model 8127 is designed for easy loading of an ATV for use on the farm. The option widens the escape door to 50 inches and includes two separate ramps to attach.
For more information on these and many other enhancements, see a Featherlite dealer, call 800-800-1230 or go to the Featherlite website.