CRESCO, Iowa (May 15, 2012) — Featherlite’s new trailer enhancements offer horse owners more convenience, safety and style choices for 2013 horse trailers now available. In addition to new features and options, 2013 model year Featherlites also now come with a 10-year limited structural warranty. The new selection of options and standard features on Featherlite horse trailers include:
- LED load light: For a smaller and more stylish option, an LED load light is available on horse trailers. Popular locations for load lights include above the rear doors or side unload doors.
- Heavy duty spring: To make the use of horse dividers easier and to strengthen the hold backs, a new heavy duty spring is standard on horse trailers with slant dividers.
- Wireless LQ remote: An optional multifunction touch screen wireless remote is now available to make operating living quarters more convenient. It controls several functions, when equipped, including power awnings, slideouts, front jacks and the porch light.
- Remote control load light: A convenient optional remote control load light allows horse trailer owners to easily position the light to help with maneuvering the trailer or unloading horses at night.
- Additional clearance lights: For added visibility and safety, three additional clearance lights are standard on Model 8533, giving the trailer a total of 14 clearance lights.
- Enclosed A-frame hitch: For enhanced aesthetics, the area on the A-frame hitch between the coupler and the front of the trailer on Models 9407 and 9409 will now be enclosed with a plate.
- Wireless camera: To make maneuvering the horse trailer easier and safer, an optional camera on the rear of the trailer is available. Updated from the 2012 option, this camera features no wires or cables and is easy to install. The camera connects to the rear clearance lights, and the 5.6” monitor comes with suction cup mount and 12 volt DC plug for easy portability.
- EZ Lube axles & FSA brakes: For added convenience and safety, all 2013 models with axles of 2.2K through 8K have EZ Lube axles and forward adjusting brakes (FSA) standard. The E-Z Lube axles make bearing lubrication quick and easy with an E-Z Lube cap that allows for easy access, extra protection and virtually no mess. Forward adjusting brakes adjust to proper clearances during travel allowing drivers to stop with confidence. It also eliminates the need for manual brake adjustments, saving time and money.
In addition to these enhancements, last fall Featherlite consolidated many of its horse and livestock trailers to make ordering and selecting a trailer easier for customers. For more information on these and other enhancements, see a Featherlite dealer, call 800-800-1230 or go to the Featherlite website.