This position is responsible for supervising transportation and fleet management activities for the Universal Freight Express (UFE) Utah site. This position works with other local management members to maintain processes that ensure the safe, compliant, and timely transport of raw materials and finished goods.
- Monitors site transportation activities in accordance with company operating procedures and goals for transportation. This includes all governmental compliance such as FMCSA and DOT requirements.
- Assures the availability of competent and motivated transportation personnel at his/her location.
- Hires and supervises drivers and other transportation personnel as needed.
- Executes processes to maximize the value of the fleet under his/her management utilizing backhauls and other techniques.
- Other duties as assigned including special projects.
- Strong set of values and beliefs that indicate ability to support and reinforce stated Vision, Mission, and Values in propelling Company towards achieving its goals.
- Strong customer orientation including ability to communicate with customers.
- Ability to understand business financials and operations measurements.
- Ability to communicate with local management team.
- Possesses an operational, implementation, and detail oriented perspective.
- Computer proficiency including internet, Microsoft Office, and related software.
- Excellent organization and supervisory skills.
Reap the Rewards
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
Flex Spending/125 Plan for Medical and Child Care Reimbursement
401(k) Retirement Plan
You may apply online by completing this online application, informational survey and self-identification form and email to email@example.com to apply for an open position. Or send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Featherlite/UFE Human Resources, P.O. Box 380, Cresco, IA 52136.
Universal Trailer requires pre-employment background and drug screen. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, strongly encouraging minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.